Friday, December 22, 2006

Omagosh, We're Finally Back!


I can't believe this nonsense with google took this long to fix! I know y'all (we've been in the south...) thought we fell off the face of the earth but we were just lost in cyberspace. Here it is Dec. 23 and I am still working on my list of presents to buy. I'm glad we aren't getting together with our kids until after Christmas.


Ken saw the dr yesterday for his 3 month check up and there was another tumor. Seemed to be a small one but the dr. had an opening today for surgery so Ken had it out this afternoon. If you think to pray for him please do. This time there is a problem with the bladder muscle coming out from the influence of the anesthetic. He had to be catheterized once late this afternoon to relieve his discomfort and although he has been able to go this evening it has been minimal.


Just to bring you up to date with us...we are just home from Orlando where we worked with Wycliffe Associates which is the volunteer arm of Wycliffe Bible Translators. Ken worked construction on new RV sites for the volunteers who will be arriving after the New Year and on a new office complex under construction. I worked in the financial office. It was very fulfilling to be a part of getting the Bible translated into every language. There are still over 2000 languages without the Bible, some of those languages do not have a written language either so there is a huge hurdle to jump. Wycliffe's goal is to translate all languages by 2025!


We are in the process of selling our motorhome so we can buy one more suited to what we are doing. We are also going to list our house. Ken says it is time to go fulltime on the road (at least for awhile.) We will still need to return to Illinois every 3 months for his cancer checks but I guess we will be gone most of the rest of the time. We are thankful God has given us this job for this time. We are very aware things could change drastically at any time.


May God grant you a blessed Christmas with a renewed sense of awe and appreciation for the love He showed us on that first Christmas day.

Semi-still in Machesney Park,

Melody

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

GREAT to have you both home!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! I hope you are feeling better today, Ken. Wish I was better and could come help with the packing, painting, and the other touch-up projects. I will be praying for the sale of the house as you start showing it in a few weeks as well as the sale of the RV. I am looking forward to watching how God uses you two in your new adventure and ministry for Him. Praise God for His wisdom and grace. Love ya ALL, Carolyn