Monday, January 22, 2007

This is our last morning in Hawaii...packing, strolling, maybe shopping for a few more things we saw and liked but didn't know if we had enough room to pack them (we do), and taking a tour of the University of the Nations. That's the group (Youth With A Mission) that we originally came to check out.
We went to the oldest church in Hawaii (1820) yesterday and had a wonderful time of worship with our Hawaiian brothers and sisters. Some of the music was in Hawaiian and stirred my worship even though I didn't understand the words. This is a church I could call home if I lived here.
We fly out at 6pm and arrive in Chicago at 6am on Tuesday. We are going home for a couple of hours of sleep before we take our motorhome to Indianapolis to trade it in on a new motorhome. We will drive it to Illinois on Wednesday morning then begin packing it so we can go south after church on Sunday. It's a typical Ken week but we are rested and ready to hit it when we get home. We have thoroughly enjoyed Hawaii but decided that 11 days would have been plenty. The dream of laying on the beach, reading and playing in the waves has a definite shelf life!
So goodbye for now, we'll be home real soon. Our next post will be after we pick up the rv which, by the way, has a name, the White Honu, which is Turtle in Hawaiian. We are getting a carved turtle to hang on the outside of the rv. No, I am not going to start collecting turtles. (We were wading in the ocean the other day and a LARGE green sea turtle swam right by us. Hmmm, I am really not into up close and personal! )

ALOHA HAWAII and MAHALO

No comments: