Monday, March 17, 2008

What a Birthday

Well, Ken beat me to the punch by posting my pictures before I was ready but I can't get too upset with him since he gave me the best birthday ever! I was working on a Thursday afternoon and heard a throat clear behind me. When I turned around my friends Carolyn and Sue (and Ken) were standing there. I think my chin about hit the floor. My boss, Jan, was in on it too! Ken had been planning this for months. He thought being 55 was an important milestone so he flew my friends here for four days, rented us a 3 bedroom condo on the west side of Orlando, told me to pack and go have a good time with my friends! I couldn't believe it...I didn't have a clue. We had even gone to San Antonio to spend time with our friends Larry and Debbie for what I thought was my birthday present. So I didn't anticipate this at all.

I was still shaking when I was trying to pack clothes. I didn't know where we were going and I even forgot to pack my swimsuit but after having chinese dinner with Ken off we went to find our condo. It was in an easy location and we (probably Sue and Carolyn) were glad to have three bedrooms since it is no secret that I snore really bad!

We took a stroll through the local Publix to get some groceries (chocolate included) and spent the rest of the night catching up. The condo had some tourist brochures and MAPS so we took off the next day to spend in a little boutique town, had a great lunch at a tearoom (go figure) and antiqued to our hearts content. I was a little bummed to see things I had used new in my lifetime that are now called nostalgia!

The next day we spent in Dunedin, on the Gulf. There is a great quilt shop there (I think there is a pattern here), plus the town was having an antique fair in the downtown area. Then we went to Honeymoon Island State Park to watch the sun go down over the Gulf...the swing picture was taken there. The sunset was amazing. Thank you God.

We went back to the first little town the next day since some of the shops we wanted to get things from had closed before we got back to them on Friday. It was another authentic English tearoom with scones and clotted cream and we finished off the night at a fondue restaurant.

We laughed so much, it was too hard to say goodbye on Monday morning. We were already talking about where could we all go the next time! This one needs to become a yearly event. Ken says he doesn't know how he'll ever top this. I don't think he ever needs to top it. This one can be the crowning glory!

What a husband...

No comments: