No pictures today, just news. We are back in Orlando at Wycliffe Associates. Ken is being an electrician on the new office complex and I am crunching numbers in the accounting office. Ken said yesterday that he finally FEELS retired and volunteering. I guess something just clicked for him.
We spent a few days with our kids/grandkids, my parents and sister's family before we went to Myrtle Beach for Ken's annual golf outing. Since we are living in the rv Ken found a campground at the ocean for me to stay while he was golfing with the guys. Wow, was I stunned to see the ocean from my rv and have only a 2 min. walk to the beach. My sister-in-law Peggy heard I was going to be there so she came to camp with me. She calls the rv our little condo on the beach. We had a good time sitting and walking on the beach, shopping and eating scrumptious pecan pralines we found at a little candy store. We realized after buying their 2# special that we probably should have just bought 1 piece for each of us and savored each bite. I personally don't want another praline for at least a year! It was a good time to catch up and reconnect.
We still aren't clear where God wants us to plant ourselves. I was hoping that either TouchGlobal or Wycliffe would have filled the bookkeeping jobs that are open so it would be clear where I was needed but both places still need help. Actually the summer time is the worst time for finding volunteers. Ken and I can't encourage you enough to consider volunteering just once. We don't get passionate about anything until we try it and the job you try may not be your cup of tea but we ARE called to serve SOMEWHERE. Ephesians 2:10, "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." So put on your working shoes and get going. You will be blessed far above your time and effort. There is no shortage of work to be done.
It's windy here today and there are fires burning just north of us so the air is smoky. There is some kind of tropic storm brewing off the east coast so we could be in for some rocky weather. We'll see how much wind the Keokeo Honu can take.
So, for the answer to our license plate. Actually the answer is pretty dull after some of the guesses you guys submitted. The one that really made us laugh was from Ken Brooks (Ken and Melody Exterminating Armadillos!) and the most tender of all came from Doug and Vera Juhlin, who googled KAMEA and came up with a Hawaiian girl's name that means "the one and only", how cool is that? So now for the answer...everyone got the Ken and Melody, it was the EA that stumped people. It is Ken and Melody's Excellent Adventure. Thanks to all of you who submitted ideas.
And last, anyone in the general area of our house may like to check out our moving sale on May 12. Deana Lee (and Dennis) have been working for weeks to pull together all of our belongings for a huge sale. I can't thank them enough for this fantastic act of service. Deana and Dennis have the volunteer thing nailed down. Stick close to them for a few days and you will see an amazing array of tasks that need to be done. They would love help! OK, I will get off the service theme.
Until there is more to say,
Melody
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment