Saturday, May 26, 2007

Finally-Pictures

This picture is of the greenhouse
that they have made to keep the
grounds looking great. They work
with about 350 acres.

Below is the new building I have been


working on. I used a 50ft man lift to


take the picture.









This picture is of the large main office here in Orlando. It houses staff for Wycliffe Bible Translators, as well as Wycliffe Associates, which is the volunteer arm of WBT.





It's a great Memorial Day Weekend, and here we sit doing nothing. It feels kinda good. We actually both work a short time this morning, Melody painting, and I was doing more electrical work. I tell everyone that I'm an electrician, but I use the term loosely. The experience has been very rewarding. Doing work that is needed, not getting paid monetarily, and paying to live here while doing the work. some would call us CRAZY, but we both feel blessed to be able to be a part of Bible Translation from distance. We both would recommend that you all could be a part of this ministry. Many people say they have no skills to do this kind of work, but the number of different things that are done here, and at other facilities like this, take grounds keeping, maintenance, computer, financial, janitorial, phone work, etc. Any and all could be of help. If you, or someone you know, would like to be a part of this, let us know, and we'll help get you connected. Well, enough selling, we hope all of you are doing good, and keep in touch as you can.

A note from Melody; it's really great to hear from so many of you, either on the phone or through email. We try to answer as soon as possible and at this point our evenings are fairly uneventful so Ken spends a lot of time on the internet and I read or sew. This afternoon we sat by the pool and just vegged. Actually, I was trying to soak some feeling back into my joints after painting 10' ceilings and trying to see through my bifocals. I am sure if someone took a video it would be worthy of America's Funniest Home Videos. But I get the job done and I don't see a hoard of people lined up to paint with me. We are slowly making friends and have been keeping up with our new friends from RVICS. It is amazing how small the globe gets working here. People are coming and staying then going overseas then coming back. Someday I would like to go overseas for a stint but at this point haven't been led to do that.

I hope you all have a safe, fun, and productive summer.

Ken & Melody

No comments: